Fillmore Family Medical Group - Fillmore, CA
Seeking FULL TIME RN SUPERVISOR who is also interested in learning casting for our specialty department at Fillmore Family Medical Group
Job Purpose: To provide professional knowledge and skills directly and indirectly according to the California Nurse Practice Act; the American Nurses Association Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, and organizational policies and procedures in a competent manner for the purpose of illness prevention, improving and safeguarding health within the clinic setting and outside its domain.
Job Type: Full-time
- Execute medical orders.
- Provide nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Provide care coordination, case management, and utilization management.
- Maintain effective and continuous communications with physicians, patients and staff.
- Ability to delegate duties and oversee Licensed Vocational Nurses and Unlicensed Assistive Personnel.
- Provide patient education, counseling, and advocacy.
- Assist with patient hygiene, mobility, ambulation, and nutrition functions.
- Perform and interpret diagnostic tests, quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Prepare and administer medications, solutions, and or treatments safely.
- Document timely and legibly using SOAP or other acceptable format, including the delivery of medications, vaccinations, diagnostic tests and results, and treatments.
- Implement age specific, cultural, infection control, safety, pain management, and BLS competencies, and/ or other unit specific competencies.
- Participates in process improvement activities, ambulatory care and hospital committees, and/ or policy and procedure development.
- Orients and trains staff and provides in-services.
- Promotes efficiency and safety in clinic flow and clinic operations.
- Proactively seeks and update professional knowledge. Completes continuing education requirements.
- Comply and keep current with accreditation standards and federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Supervise the team of Medical Assistants, Ortho and Radiology Technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active and unrestricted California Board of Registered Nursing license.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience required.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification.
- Experience with electronic medical records and standard PC Software applications preferred.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Graduate of an NLN accredited registered nursing program with a diploma of completion.
Job Type: Full-time
- Nursing: 2 years
- Registered Nurse (RN)